Black Bo, the longtime manager of Rick Ross, has passed away at the age of 56. Rozay broke the news at Art Basel 2017 during a Maxim party on Friday night (December 8).
“This is an extremely sexy party,” he told the crowd in Miami, according to Drill King. “I know my dog Black would’ve loved to be here. Come on let me rap for my dog Black one time.”
No details about Black’s death have emerged and Ross hasn’t mentioned it on social media at this time. Black had been extremely active on social media until November 17. Other artists, including French Montana and Wale, have confirmed the news of passing with condolence messages on Instagram.

“My prayers go out to my brother @richforever and the rest of the family,” Montana wrote. “I know this one hurt. I’m really hurt, shed a tear for u brother ! We going miss you black.”
Wale shared a lengthy message about Black’s death, expressing sorrow after learning of the news.
At this very moment I’m writing off instinct,” he wrote. “The pain the sorrow the mourning is inevitable. But I️ could take 14 forevers and still never find the words that illustrate how much we love you . How much I️ love you .how much I️ need you. Your wisdom , composure an ear to listen a shoulder to cry on all things we foolishly tend to take for granted.”
Check out more reactions to Black’s death below.
HipHopDX also sends our condolences to the family and friends of Black Bo.